A Tourist Enterprise Licence is issued to an enterprise which is an establishment or activity run or carried on for the purpose of providing services or goods to tourists for reward, whether monetary or otherwise. Click here for the list of tourist enterprises which requires a Tourist Enterprise Licence .
- Criteria for Investment by Non-Citizen for these categories of tourist enterprises(Click on links below to download) :
- Tour Operator
- Restaurant-Foreign participation is authorised in new and existing restaurant projects provided added value is bought in terms of investment, innovation, new cuisines, filling-in gaps in the tourism product portfolio and quality standards.
- Diving Centres-Foreign shareholding is allowed up to 30%
- Boat House-Foreign Investment in Boathouses is favourably entertained in cases where the promoter
- is holder of a permanent residence permit
- is the spouse of a Mauritian citizen in accordance with the “regime legal de communauté”
- Applications for Operating a Rental Agency for Bicycle are reserved for Mauritian Nationals only.